Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Books: The Conversation to Great Friendships with the Authors

Okay. First off, I'd like to start out with that I know you guys are probably like "Give it a rest already! 3 posts in one day??" Yes. I know. But I've a lot of thoughts lately and haven't remembered to put them down until today. Plus, I'm bored (and trying to avoid chores without asking to hang out with people). >.>

Plus! It'll probably be after midnight by the time I get this posted-posted, anyway. :-P

So my title. Yes. It's a new revelation of mine! And I can't help but think I'm right in my thinking. (Conceited much? Sorry...) But hear me out at least.

Okay. Right now I'm reading The Complete Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes. It's over 600 pages of pure Sherlock Holmes, James Watson, and the tales so brilliantly concocted by none other than Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

It's funny, though. As I read more stories, the more and more I'm starting to be able to figure out how the mysteries have happened and who dunnit and all. (When I say "more and more," I'm meaning in very, very minute amounts...)
I have come to the conclusion, through reading these stories as well as others like The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher, that as one reads more of an author's works, the more one comes to know the system and method by which the author writes and contrives (is that the right word?).... contrives the story plots.

The same is to be said with a teacher/professor and how he or she makes up his or her tests. The more tests you take for a particular sensei, the more you are able to figure out what to study for and how to discover the correct answer (or the kind of answer they're looking for, if it's an essay or some similar written test).

Thus, my conjecture (another "large" word that I'm not 100% sure of the meaning on) is that even if it is only through the written language that we interact with another, we still learn more and more about them as if they are friends with whom we converse often in present, every day, face-to-face interaction.

*M

*Contrives: –verb (used with object)1.to plan with ingenuity; devise; invent: The author contrived a clever plot.
2.to bring about or effect by a plan, scheme, or the like; manage: He contrived to gain their votes.
3.to plot (evil, treachery, etc.).
–verb (used without object) 4.to form designs; plan. 
5.to plot.
*Conjecture: –noun 1.the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.

2.an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation.
3.Obsolete . the interpretation of signs or omens.
–verb (used with object)
4.to conclude or suppose from grounds or evidence insufficient to ensure reliability.
–verb (used without object)
5.to form conjectures.

======
Funny picture of me:
 Yes: that is my cat's tail across my face. Talk about awesome! :D



That's Cali Calico (whose tail is in the picture to the left) to the below. :3



No comments: