Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Ideas are All Fine and Good; It's What You Do with Them That Counts...

I am a culprit of my title... I always have these fabulous (if I do say so myself) ideas; I just don't ever get them into action! Or worse yet, I don't have the necessary level of talent or skill to carry them out... >.> Talk about annoying... x.x

Anyhow. So, I've got some things on my mind. Though, at the moment, I can't quite remember what all I had in mind... Hmmm...

Oh! Well, one is that I would start editing a post I have already or add a new post each time of my ideas for my wedding. Yes, I realize that it's not a question about life or whatever. But I need a place of safekeeping for my ideas. And Lord knows I tend to lose notebooks... x.x

But about the creativity being good, but better in action? Yeah. I'm trying to co-write a novel with a guy from my college. It's rather reminiscent of LOTR in the way of the world and the peoples, but I've been given the opportunity to decide who the character is, by way of personality. I need to get cracking on that, though....

====

Oi! I remembered one thing I wanted to post about: A Clockwork Orange. I read the book this past spring semester because I'd been meaning to since my sophomore year of high school. (Since it was a banned book, however, no school district would have the book in the library anyhow. (And I didn't utilize the public libraries much in high school, either... >.> )) Anyway. So I finally read the book. And since I'd read the book, I decided to rent the movie, too. (I love Blockbuster, just so's ya know!)

Now, I know there are movies like The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and other such classics, but this has to be one of the most beautifully directed movies ever!! Which is hard to do when a lot of the scenes are highly inappropriate for audiences younger than 14 or 15 years of age. But I mean! The way the characters (or character really.... All but Alex are really only 2 dimensional...) are developed is astounding! And the setting? Spot on! Not the way I pictured it, but quite frankly, a lot of what was described, I didn't want to picture... (naked women and such). I need to rewatch the film, since it's been a number of months now. But again, I say it was the most beautifully directed movie I've seen! (And I don't notice that kind of stuff much, so you can know it's good when I notice it.)

====

Another book (or, I guess, story since there is more than one book...) is written by a Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Yes! The very one! Sherlock Holmes has the most humorous personality. Charming, yet brooding. Calculating, but a warm friend. Decisive, yet merciful. He has many faces (almost literally) and just as many adventures! And the companionship between Holmes and James Watson? Deep on a level that isn't quite conveyed through the senses, though it is quite frankly spoken of! If ever a man like Holmes lived, I would love to meet his acquaintance! (I have a book called The Complete Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes and I got it solely for the reason of having seen the 2009 (or was it 2010?) movie with Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law. And if you see that as a shallow reason for picking something up, then sue me. -.-)

====

Another thing: (I know, this is so long. :-P) I cannot wait to go back to school. I am absolutely a nerd. But that's okay. :) I luff me some books! ^_^ I have all my text books for my classes next semester. Here's what I'm taking next semester: History of Ancient&Medieval Philosophy; Intro to Ethics; Honors Development of World Civilization; Honors British Literary Tradition; and Intermediate Japanese. Awesome, eh??

So yeah. I'm psyched about my classes. Not to mention my roommate! I had roomed with my high school best friend. Well,.... we're not compatible to live with each other.... Ever. Again. But my new roommate? Total sweetheart and she sounds like an amazing person! I can't wait to meet her. :D We've been messaging each other on Facebook. She's been skydiving recently! O.O I soooo want to go! And she has a boyfriend in the military (Army branch, I think...). She is a communications major. She's a junior in college. She has 3? siblings, I think.... 2 brothers and a sister? She loves the color pink and she loves cupcakes. Her favorite article of clothing is earrings, the bigger the better. :-P And she has a better sense of fashion than I do. haha! (She didn't tell me that, but one only has to compare the pictures.) Oh! And she loves taking pictures. That's a comparison of how many pictures between her and me. :D

Short and sweet? I'm stoked for this coming semester because of my classes, my roommate, and OH YEAH!! my amazing boyfriend who's going to my college, too! heehee! XD

No comments: