Monday, September 13, 2010

Music: It's the Air that I Don't Breathe

I have to know: have you guys ever heard a part of a song (or maybe it was the whole piece) that you just feel filling you to the darkest parts?? I'm not talking about the lyrics, right now. (Lyrics have done that for me, too, but I'm meaning just the music, the swelling and falling and gliding of notes.)

There have been a number of times. I just feel like I have to move, to do something when I hear a piece like that. I don't remember all of the songs or parts of songs that have filled me as I described, and to be honest, sometimes the magic wears off. But the most newly discovered one is the synthesized (or that's what I was told is playing there) part (it begins at 30 seconds) for "Art of War" of Anberlin (there's that name again... I know...).


I just can't get over it! Every time, I can't help but think, "I need to learn that part!" or "I'd love to have that as a ringtone!!" (I can't because my phone carrier blocked all short code messages for text. -.- (Which, don't get me wrong, is understandable because my family doesn't want to be caught in another scam, but it's still annoying.)) It's so beautiful and... alive! I don't know. Just... you have to go listen to it. Period. I don't know what else to say. And if you don't like Anberlin, you don't have to listen to the whole song.

Just PLEASE listen to the part at 00:30 on "Art of War." The time may vary depending on where you listen to it. But that's generally what time it is. (Wait. I'll get a link for you guys to use.) "Art of War" For this one it actually starts around 00:32, but whatever.

Just listen to that part there and tell me what you feel (not think, feel) from that part. K? :D Thanks! haha. But really, I just can't get over that part. It's A-MA-ZING!!

Sorry this post wasn't more...... deep or whatever. But I don't know how to describe the feeling I have. (And I have a headache which makes the task more painful, literally...)

Toodles, beautifuls!!

*M

No comments: